If you are new to the area and/or will be locating in McDonough Power’s service territory, getting electricity when and where you need it is easy. Here’s the process:
- First verify that we serve the location by contacting a Member Service Representative at our office – (309) 833-2101 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. When you contact us we will need to know the address of the location as well as one of the following: meter number, map location number, account number, or name of previous member at the location.
- Next, you will need to complete a membership application. (A membership is required for each location where service is requested.) This may be done in our office or downloaded and printed from here:
- Submit your application to our office in person, by mail, email to email@example.com, or fax it.
- Once we receive the completed application and a copy of your government issued photo identification it will be processed and we will contact you to let you know what fees are applicable prior to activating your service.
- Pay a connect fee of $20 or a transfer fee of $10 — dependent on whether meter is currently connected.
- Pay a deposit if applicable. (See details below)
All members applying for electric service from the Cooperative will be evaluated on the basis of their individual credit history/risk to the Cooperative. The Cooperative will determine a credit score (rating) for each member (applicant) through the utilization of a national credit bureau/agency. All member deposit amounts will be based on the individual member’s (applicant’s) credit score and the assessed credit risk of that member to the Cooperative. For memberships with joint applicants, the deposit is based on the applicant posing the greatest credit risk.
EXAMPLE: John and Jane Doe apply for service – a risk rating is run on each. John’s rating is low risk ($0 deposit) and Jane’s rating is moderate risk ($200 deposit). The deposit assessed in this case would be $200.
The deposit amounts based on the member’s credit rating is as follows:
No credit history………………$150
For scheduling purposes please have all paperwork and amount due in our office at least one business day prior to the date service is needed.
Our Service Territory
McDonough Power serves the rural areas of the following counties in west central Illinois; Fulton, Hancock, Henderson, Knox, McDonough, Schuyler and Warren.