Journeyman Lineman Position
3/7/2016: McDonough Power Cooperative in Macomb, Illinois has an opening for a Journeyman Lineman. Candidates must be experienced in maintenance and construction of 12.47/7.2 kV electric distribution lines and have verifiable experience. Experienced Apprentices will be considered. Graduates from Lineman Training Program are preferred. Resumes will be accepted until April 4, 2016.
McDonough Power is a distribution cooperative with approximately 1,400 miles of line serving over 5,000 meters in portions of 7 counties. Macomb is located in west-central Illinois just 40 miles from the Iowa/Missouri border. Macomb is the home of Western Illinois University and Spoon River College.
- Five years of progressively responsible and verifiable experience in the construction/maintenance of electric distribution lines (energized and de-energized), in pole climbing, and using lineman tools or a graduate of a recognized lineman training program and four years of progressively responsible and verifiable experience in the construction/maintenance of electric distribution lines (energized and de-energized), in pole climbing, and using lineman tools.
- Must have a H.S. Diploma/G.E.D., legible handwriting, and effective communications/interpersonal skills to deal with consumer-members, public, and co-workers.
- Must possess or be able to obtain and maintain a valid Class A CDL driver’s license.
- Must be able to work outside in varying weather conditions with overtime due to emergencies and being “on call” on a scheduled basis.
- Climbing, stooping, bending, and lifting (100 lbs. unassisted/200 lbs. assisted) required.
- Must gain knowledge of the Cooperative’s geographic system and be able to work without supervision.
- Will be required to live within close proximity to the office.
- Listed requirements not intended to be all inclusive
- Required to complete a pre-employment physical
The Cooperative offers a competitive wage and a complete benefits package including medical, life insurance, 401K, retirement plan, paid time off, and paid holidays. McDonough Power Cooperative is an equal opportunity employer.
Interested persons should submit a resume and cover letter by April 4th, 2016 to:
McDonough Power Cooperative
Attn: Dawn Beck
P.O. Box 352
Macomb, IL 61455